How to stay fit is a normal topic which we numerous time in our life, but still we never pay attention towards.
We usually take an initiative and after a certain period of time we gave up. Why? Because it’s though!
Actually it’s not tough. The real deal is you don’t have proper knowledge about it. Or may be you haven’t introduced with the smart way.
There are only 3 thing you need to take care of to stay fit.
Let’s start with the first one…
Include Fitting More Activity into Your life everyday
Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Little changes like this one can help you stay fit without setting aside a specific time for exercise. Sometimes, the stairs are hidden away, but every building with multiple stories should have them.
- Hotel stairs are often located at the ends of corridors. Look for “Exit” signs.
- Similarly, if you’re in a mall, find the stairs instead of using the escalator or elevator.
- Taking the stairs is also a great option at work
Walk or bike instead of driving. Walking and biking burn a lot more calories than driving your car, so opt to use your legs more often. For instance, you could bike to work. As a bonus, you’ll jump start your day, giving you more energy. In addition, walk or bike when running errands, such as when you go to the pharmacy or grocery store.
- If your work or errands are too far away, try taking public transportation. You’ll still get in more activity than driving, as you have to walk to and from the stops to get to where you’re going.
Schedule walking meetings with your colleagues and friends. Whether you’re at work or school, agree to have a walking meeting instead of a sit-down meeting in your office or at a coffee shop. A walk is invigorating, and it may even help stimulate ideas.
- If you need to take notes, record ideas using a voice-to-text app on your phone.
- Of course, walking meetings won’t work with large groups, but it will work with many one-on-one meetings
Stand up when you’re waiting around. Standing burns more calories than sitting, so if you’re stuck waiting on an appointment, choose to stand up instead of sit down. Similarly, consider switching to a standing desk at work, if possible.
Eating a Healthy Diet
Include a lots of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. Eating a wide variety of fresh foods ensures you’re getting the nutrients you need. Plus, if you’re eating colorful foods like fruits and veggies, you’ll consume less junk food because you’ll be too full.
- Try to incorporate a range of fruits and veggies in your diet each week, such as red bell peppers, cucumbers, cabbage, spinach, carrots, blueberries, strawberries, mangoes, and watermelon.
- Aim for .5 cups (120 mL) of fruit twice per day.
- Try to get 5-7 servings of vegetables every day. For leafy greens, a serving is 2 cups (470 mL). For other types of vegetables, the recommended serving size is 1 cup (240 ml).
Eat complex carbohydrates. Starchy foods, such as pasta, bread, potatoes, and other grains, should only be about 1/3 of your diet. When you do eat them, choose whole grain options, such as whole wheat pasta or whole wheat bread. Incorporate other high-nutrient carb sources into your diet, such as carbohydrate-rich vegetables, cereals, and sides.
- Good high-nutrient sources of carbohydrates include yams, sweet potatoes, beans and lentils, and whole grains such as quinoa, barley, oats, and bulgur.
Enjoy low-fat protein or protein with healthy fats instead of saturated fat. If you’re watching your waistline, then proteins like chicken breast and beans will help you stay slim. Similarly, consuming proteins with healthy fats, such as fatty fish, nuts, and avocados, can help you feel full and give your body the healthy fats it needs.
- Fatty fish include herring, eel, salmon, mackerel, and whitefish.
- Lean fish are also good for days when you’re trying to cut back on calories. Lean fish options include cod, bass, catfish, flounder, haddock, mahi-mahi, and pollock.
- Avoid meats high in saturated fat, such as fatty cuts of beef, pork, or lamb. Steer clear of deep fried meats (such as fried chicken, shrimp, or fish) and processed meats (such as hot dogs, deli meats, and sausages).
Avoid sugar and processed foods when you can. If you eat fast food or junk food regularly, it’s unlikely that you can stay fit without exercise. These “empty calories” require a lot more activity to burn off without providing nutritional content to help your immune system or build strong muscles.
- For instance, skip sugary drinks, cereals, cakes, and cookies, as well as things like fast food or convenience foods without much nutritional value.
- Plus, these foods tend to be low in things like fiber and protein, which help you feel fuller longer.
Measure out portion sizes according to package directions. Most people underestimate how much food they’re eating. That means you could be eating much more than you think. When you eat a packaged food, measure it out to ensure you’re actually eating the recommended serving
Eat smaller meals throughout the day rather than 3 big meals. Smaller meals will help you avoid feeling hungry throughout the day. One way to do this is to plan on eating larger, healthy snacks between meals and shrink the size of your portions at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- For instance, instead of eating a huge breakfast with eggs, bacon, and toast, choose a light breakfast of 1 boiled egg and a single piece of whole wheat toast. Follow that mid-morning with a light snack, such as cottage cheese and celery.
Check your caloric intake to maintain your weight. If you’re wanting to stay fit, you should be burning at least as many calories as you take in. For men, that’s usually about 2,500 calories per day, while for women, that’s about 2,000 calories.
- If you want to check how many calories your body needs, try using an online calorie calculator, where you put in your age, weight, height, and activity level. It will give you the number of calories you need to consume to maintain your figure.
- Read the back of packages or use an online diet tool to help you calculate how many calories you’re eating.
Reduce stress as much as you can and Sleep well
This topic doesn’t require any prior explanation.
Reduce the level of Stress is one thing we can be reduced but we can’t avoid, But we can try to reduce the level of stress. By doing what we love to do and passionate about.
- it can be hangout with family and friends.
- listening music and watching your favorite shows
- playing games( outdoor and indoor)
Take a proper good night nap. We all know how an insufficient sleep can mess your whole day.
- It’s the main reason for hormonal dis-balance.
- Mental illness
- preventing from proper muscle growth.
and soo.. on.
If you will take care of these three thing. I can gaurantee you you will remain fit.